After a sup yoga session, acai bowls always sound amazing! It’s refreshing and healthy, and tastes so great after being in the sun. I even add in a scoop of plant-based protein to get a good protein boost (I feel like that makes it a complete meal). Check out this great post SUP yoga Acai Bowl recipe:
What You’ll Need
- 1 ½ bananas (1 to blend and half for topping)
- 1 pack of frozen acai puree (I like Amazon Planet)
- ½ cup of frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk (I love Forager)
- 1 scoop of plant based protein powder (I like Vega One natural flavor or Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro70)
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup of fresh blueberries
- ½ sliced banana
- ½ cup granola (I like Nature’s Path Organic Hemp Granola)
- 1 tsp. of raw local honey
- 1 handful of goji berries
Blend 1 banana, frozen acai puree, frozen strawberries, almond/cashew milk and protein powder until thick and creamy. I like my acai bowls thicker so I’ll start with half a cup of the almond/cashew milk and then add more if it needs to be smoother. Scoop the blended mixture into a bowl and start working on your presentation! Use your creativity! Top the bowl with your sliced strawberries, bananas, blueberries, gogi berries, and granola. Lastly drizzle on the raw local honey and enjoy!
Protein is essential for yogis and athletes so I always make sure to give my smoothies a protein boost. Try to use organic local products to help support your local farms.
That’s it! We’d love to hear your favorite post-SUP snacks in the comments below, or connect with us on Facebook or Instagram: @glidesup and Glide SUP.