Glide and Stoked Yogi are proud to be innovators in SUP Yoga, having co-created and designed the Glide Lotus and being the only certification provider that offers three distinct training programs for SUP Yoga. We are thrilled that you will be adding stand up paddle board yoga to your teaching repertoire, and our goal is to streamline the process for you to give you the best possible experience.
Glide SUP Yoga Certification was created Amelia Travis, founder of Stoked Yogi. Since 2011, Amelia has trained over three hundred yoga teachers how to adapt their practice and teaching to the water. In 2016, Stoked Yogi is bringing their globally recognized training program exclusively to Glide Paddle Yoga. With a powerhouse team of gifted teachers, we are excited to offer three Yoga Alliance approved continuing education programs to meet your needs.
- Glide by Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Certification (Level 1) – 25 hours
- Glide by Stoked Yogi Advanced SUP Yoga Certification (Level 2) – 25 hours
- Glide by Stoked Yogi All Inclusive Certification Retreat – 40 hours
Teacher training facilitators come from all different walks of life, but have a few things in common: Passion and zest for teaching yoga on the water, years of experience in a variety of teaching styles and modalities, and a dedication to providing the best education experience possible.
GLIDE SUP YOGA CERTIFICATION (LEVEL 1)
This 3 day, 25-hour stand up paddle board yoga teacher certification course includes:
- SUP Skills: Forward stroke, turn techniques and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, launching and landing.
- Beginner SUP: Clear, concise method for instructing a beginner paddle board lesson.
- Safety & Rescue: Lifesaving techniques including flip rescue, active & passive drowning victims. Weather and marine hazards, local knowledge.
- Anchor Systems: Individual and group
- Aqua Asana: Beginner sequence and how to creatively sequence on the water.
- Glide by Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Manual (Level 1)
- Business of SUP Yoga: Starting your business, insurance, permitting, and defining your brand.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Swag Bag: Awesome gear from our sponsors including water bottle, sunscreen, hat and tank top – plus a few surprise goodies!
We also offer Private SUP Yoga Teacher Training for international/ESL students, or those looking for individualized business coaching and development.
SUP YOGA CERTIFICATION DATES AND LOCATIONS ~ 2016
|March 18 – 20||San Diego, California||Amelia Travis||Level 1 – 25 hours||$895|
|May 11 – 15||San Diego, California||Amelia Travis||Retreat – 40 hours||$1650|
|June 19 – 21||Charleston, South Carolina||Mary K. Benney & Stevie Rodis||Level 1 – 25 hours||$895|
|July 6 -12||Traverse City, Michigan||Leda Olmsted||Retreat – 40 hours||$1,550|
|August 19 – 21||San Diego, California||Amelia Travis||Level 2 – 25 hours||$895|
|September 7 – 11||Lake Tahoe, California||Amelia Travis||Retreat – 40 hours||$1,650|
|October 14 – 16||San Diego, California||Amelia Travis||Level 1 – 25 hours||$895|
- Early Bird Discount: Pay in full 30 days prior to training start for $100 off.
- Military Discount: 10% for Active Duty, Retired, & Dependents (with ID).
WHY CHOOSE GLIDE TRAINING?
Our goal is to support you from the start. We provide training that is approved by PaddleFit, WPA, Yoga Alliance, NASM, and ACE. Not only will we make sure you have everything you need to successfully complete training, including the most comprehensive SUP yoga training guide ever written, but we also give you access upon graduation to a wholesale account withGlide SUP. You will leave training ready to start your own business, confident and secure in your ability to teach SUP yoga safely and effectively.
We require a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification or equivalent teaching experience. If you are unsure about your experience, please complete the application and explain clearly your yoga practice and teaching. CPR certification is required before graduation certificate will be issued.
To register, please complete the application in it’s entirety and pay the deposit online. You will receive a confirmation email including your receipt, invoice for balance, packing list, and detailed itinerary.
Tuition for this three day certification program is $895*. A non-refundable $450 deposit is required to confirm your space on this course. If the balance is paid 30 days prior to training, a $100 early bird discount will be applied. The balance is due thirty days prior to the course start date. Click here to pay deposit online or contact me by email if you prefer to pay by check.
*Please note that accommodation and meals packages are not included in training tuition and must be purchased separately. For all-inclusive certification retreats, visit us here.
ACCOMMODATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
For every training, we provide you with a variety of nearby lodging options within walking distance of training, along with a list of suggested dining. Many of our destination trainings also offer an inclusive accommodations and meals package. Should you wish to connect with other students to share lodging, please contact us and we will help you get in touch with other students in your training. Airfare and airport transfers are not included in tuition.
WHEN TO ARRIVE
All trainings are three consecutive days, starting the first day at 8AM and ending the last day at 5PM. Please arrange your travel plans accordingly. Contact us if you have questions about your flight or travel options.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions – we are here to help! Our goal is to make Glide Paddle Yoga teacher training one of the best experiences of your life. Let us know how we can serve you.